Forsythe Park is home to picnics, fishing, relaxing lakefront scenery and a tournament quality Little League ballpark.
Nestled on Wolf Lake and linked to nearby amenities by way of the Lake George pedestrian trail, Forsythe Park is open from dawn to dusk daily, with extended summer hours for Little League games. Amenities include a playground, restrooms and modern concession building.
One picnic shelter is available for rent at Forsythe Park:
- Resident Rate: $125.00 ($100.00 fee + $25.00 clean-up)
- Non-Resident Rate: $200 ($150.00 fee + $50.00 clean-up)
- 100 person maximum occupancy
- 5-hour limit on all shelter rentals (extra $35.00 for each additional hour over 5); all parties must end by 8:00 p.m.
- The HPA issued Use Permit must be available for inspection and confirmation at all times during the shelter rental event.
- All fees must be paid in advance at the Hammond Port Authority office at 701 Casino Center Drive, Hammond, IN 46320.
- Call 219.659.7678 to make a rental reservation.
- All HPA park rules apply, including:
- Visitors must properly dispose of hot coals.
- Pre- and post-inspection of the shelters will be made.
- Any and all damages are the responsibility of the renter.