Frolic in the smooth sands and splash in the fresh water waves of Lake Michigan!
Lifeguards are present 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. annually from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Leashed dogs are welcome on the west end of the beach.
Parking Rates: There is no parking fee for Hammond/Whiting residents.
Indiana Residents (outside of Hammond/Whiting) – $10.00
Out of State – $20.00
- National Weather Service – Hammond area forecast
- NOAA National Weather Service – All Great Lakes conditions
- NOAA Wave Forecast – Lake Michigan conditions
- National Weather Forecast Office – Current water temperatures
- State of Indiana – Current beach advisory warnings and closures
- Results from the Beach Water Testing https://www.in.gov/idem/lakemichigan/2346.htm
Find your way to Beach Fun:
- Google Map to the Hammond Port Authority’s Lake Michigan shoreline (adjacent to the Hammond Marina).