Frolic in the smooth sands and splash in the fresh water waves of Lake Michigan!
Miles of sandy beach are perfect for summer fun. The Hammond Lakefront is just 12 nautical miles from Downtown Chicago, and adjacent to the Hammond Marina and the Horseshoe Casino.
Lifeguards are present 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. annually from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Leashed dogs are welcome on the west end of the beach.
Parking Rates: There is no parking fee for Hammond/Whiting residents.
Indiana Residents (outside of Hammond/Whiting) – $10.00
Out of State – $20.00
- National Weather Service – Hammond area forecast
- NOAA National Weather Service – All Great Lakes conditions
- NOAA Wave Forecast – Lake Michigan conditions
- National Weather Forecast Office – Current water temperatures
- State of Indiana – Current beach advisory warnings and closures
- Results from the Beach Water Testing https://www.in.gov/idem/lakemichigan/2346.htm
Find your way to Beach Fun:
- Google Map to the Hammond Port Authority’s Lake Michigan shoreline (adjacent to the Hammond Marina).