A variety of educational opportunities are available through the HPA:
- Sail-A-Way – A learn-to-sail program that provides classroom and on-water sailing instruction for both the able bodied and disabled. Sailing is enjoyed aboard uniquely designed Freedom Independence 20-foot sailboats. Active students are encouraged to learn to sail independently on Lake Michigan. Classes include 12 hours of instruction (six 2-hour lessons) as well as books and materials. Lesson times can be reserved in advance and scheduled to your convenience. One-to-four instructor/student ratio is emphasized. Remember, you are eligible to rent the sailboats once you complete the course and pass the Skipper Check Out. View complete Sail-A-Way program details…
- Discover Sailing – A 3-hour introduction to sailing on Lake Michigan.
- Revisit Sailing – A 4-hour program designed to refresh your sailing skills.
- How Does a Sailboat Work? – Join the Marina Sailing Staff in assembling the four Hammond Marina sailboats for the upcoming Sailing Season.
- Boat Smart – The Hammond Marina serves as the hosting site of the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary sponsored annual clinic.
- The First Tee – Provides golf education for children seeking to master the links.
- Golf Clinics – Offered every Wednesday evening for links enthusiasts looking to improve their game.
- Private Lessons – Get one-on-one golf instruction with a Lost Marsh Pro.